Course organised by Infomed Research and Training, on Friday 17 March 2017, at the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, 5-11 Theobalds Road, London WC1X 8SH
Early bird rates
(if booking and paying on or before Mon 31 Oct 2016)
£275 (inc VAT)
(if booking and paying after Mon 31 Oct 2016)
£325 (inc VAT)
RCPCH has approved this activity for CPD in accordance with the current RCPCH CPD Guidelines.
Consultant Paediatricians (General and Community), Associate Specialists and other senior Paediatricians
Full course programme2017_04_paediatric_mental_health_programme_web
About this unique course:
Mental health problems – both recognised and unrecognised – affect many of the patients seen in community, general and specialist paediatric clinics.
This course presents Consultant Paediatricians (General and Community), Associate Specialists and other senior Paediatricians, with an up to date overview on mental health conditions, including practical advice on how to recognise them and manage children and adolescents who present to Paediatric services.
The Course focus:
- Update on mental health conditions that present to and may be managed by the Consultant Paediatrician
- Keeping within your competencies: psychiatric illness, acute mental health presentations and referrals
- Recognition, assessment and initial management
- Update on psychiatric and psychological issues associated with long-term medical conditions managed by the Consultant Paediatrician
- Update on side effects of some medications
- Clarity about the role of the Paediatrician
- Update on the relevant NICE guidelines