An intensive, practical, case-based course for Consultant Radiologists organised by Infomed Research and Training on Monday 7 and Tuesday 8 November 2016, at The Royal College of Radiologists, 63 Lincoln’s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3JW[maxbutton id=”34″] [maxbutton name=”Map to the Royal College of Radiologists, 63 Lincoln’s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3JW”]
Dr Elizabeth Dick,
Consultant Radiologist and Hon Senior Lecturer, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust
Dr Nishat Bharwani,
Consultant Radiologist, and Hon Clinical Senior Lecturer, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust
Early bookers rates (booking and paying before or on Mon 4 Jul 16):
NHS: £495 (inc. VAT)
Private sector: £695 (inc. VAT)
Standard rates (booking and paying on or after Mon 4 Jul 16):
NHS: £575 (inc. VAT)
Private sector: £795 (inc. VAT)
Course fee includes lunch and refreshments, course booklet, and attendance CPD certificate.
Approved by the RCR for up to 10 CPD credits [6 credits per day]
To provide Consultant Radiologists with a practical, stimulating and comprehensive update on advanced interpretation and reporting practice in abdominal pelvic MRI:
- practical (workstation based learning);
- stimulating (interactive, challenging cases, immediate feedback); and
- comprehensive (covering a full range of abdominal and pelvic imaging topics).
Full course programme2016_11_abdo_pelvic_mri_course_programme_web
The course is pitched at a level suitable for consultants and senior STs in radiology involved in interpreting and reporting abdominal and pelvic MRI in their clinical practice.
By the end of the course, the attendee will have:
- a comprehensive understanding of best practice in advanced abdominal pelvic MRI interpretation and reporting;
- improved body MRI interpretation and reporting skills;
- greater confidence in his/her advanced practice; and
- identified skills and knowledge gaps, if any, relevant to his/her practice, and clear ways by which these can be addressed.
- Faculty of practicing consultant radiologists, experts in their fields, with extensive experience in advancing the abdominal and pelvic MRI skills of peers nationally and internationally.
- No didactic lectures – practical course, just workstation based cases and teaching pearls.
- Comprehensive – covering a full range of abdominal and pelvic imaging topics.
- True peer interaction/learning – 2 attendees per iMac workstation and a limited number of delegates
- Stimulating, interactive, challenging cases, and very importantly, immediate feedback with around 100 cases to interpret and report
Each session consists of:
- A brief introduction by the session lead.
- A few minutes for candidates to go through the cases, using their workbook.
- Session lead goes through each case with the whole group on the big screen.
- Top tips
- Staging (for cancers)
- Take home messages