The most popular annual course since 2005, for Consultants in Emergency Medicine and Paediatrics who deal with paediatric patients presenting as an emergency, organised by Infomed Research and Training, on Tuesday 11 and Wednesday 12 October 2016, at The DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, 92 Southampton Row, London WC1B 4BH
[maxbutton name=”12th Update on Paediatric Emergencies”]
[maxbutton name=”Map to The DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, 92 Southampton Row, London WC1B 4BH”]
Approved by RCPCH for 11.5 CPD Credits
Early bird rates
(if booking and paying on or before Tue 23 Aug 2016)
£475 (inc VAT) for the two days;
£285 (inc VAT) daily rate.
(if booking and paying after Tue 23 Aug 2016)
£525 (inc VAT) for the two days;
£325 (inc VAT) daily rate.
Full course programme2016_10_paediatric_emergencies_web
About the course:
- A well-established course highly evaluated over many years.
- For Consultants, Registrars and Middle Grades from the General ED, Paediatrics and Paediatric ED, who deal with paediatric patients presenting as an emergency.
- Aimed at those who are looking for a comprehensive, fact filled and stimulating update.
- A practical focus on the most difficult aspects of paediatric emergencies that Doctors need to deal with daily in the critical first hours.
- Lectures and interactive Case Scenarios from leading Consultants in Paediatric Emergency Medicine and other specialties who are actually doing the job.
- Dr Ffion Davies, Consultant in Emergency Medicine, Leicester Royal Infirmary
- Mr Joe Curry, Consultant Paediatric Surgeon, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, London
- Dr Scott Hackett, Consultant in Paediatric Allergy, Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Birmingham Heartlands Hospital
- Dr Maria Sellars, Paediatric Radiology Consultant, King’s College Hospital, London
- Dr Giles Armstrong, Consultant in Paediatric Emergency Medicine, Whittington Hospital, London
- Dr Marina Easty, Consultant Paediatric Radiologist, Great Ormond Street Hospital, London
- Dr Chinedu Nwokoro, Consultant Respiratory Paediatrician, Barts Health NHS Trust, and Hon Clinical Senior Lecturer, Queen Mary University of London
- Dr Simon Walsh, Consultant in Emergency Medicine, Royal London Hospital
- Dr John Criddle, Consultant in Paediatric Emergency Medicine, St Thomas’ Hospital, London
- Dr Protima Amon, Consultant in Paediatric Gastroenterology, Royal London Hospital
- Dr Richard Paget, CATS (Children’s Acute Transport Service) Consultant, Great Ormond Street Hospital, London
- Ms Jo Nixon, Medicolegal Adviser, MDU Services Limited
- Excellent update – practical and evidence based
- Good topics, good speakers, well organised and good time keeping
- Practical approach, very good clinical solutions, good length of breaks
- Down to earth and enthusiastic speakers, friendly organisers – relaxed and well organised
- I enjoyed this course – it had been highly recommended by a friend
- Excellent talks, relevant to paediatric emergencies, well organised
- Excellent speakers, good variety of talks, practical approach, well organised event
- All speakers were excellent and took time to answer the questions
- Comprehensive review, practical guide
- All lectures were interesting and addressed both A&E and paediatricians
- Good content and well delivered. Clear take home messages
- Case discussions/scenarios really useful – more of the same please!
- It has given me a new level of confidence about medical problems in paediatrics
- Gave me more confidence, improved my knowledge.. a positive impact on my decision making in paediatric A&E
- Very informative – will give me the confidence to introduce change to my department!
- As the lead for paediatric EM I will go back to my unit and spread some of the excellent learning points amongst my colleagues