A practical update for Paediatricians on managing day-to-day common outpatient and ward clinical dilemmas and issues on Thursday 7 and Friday 8 June 2018, at The Grange Holborn Hotel, 50-60 Southampton Row, London, WC1B 4AR[maxbutton name=”Practical Paediatrics Update – June 2018″] [maxbutton name=”Map to the Grange Holborn Hotel”] [maxbutton name=”Course presentations – Practical Paediatrics Update 2018″]
RCPCH has approved this activity for CPD in accordance with the current RCPCH CPD Guidelines
Current reduced rate:
£525 (inc VAT) for the two days; £320 (inc VAT) daily rate.
£575 (inc VAT) for the two days; £345 (inc VAT) daily rate.
Doctors wishing to attend both this course (“Update on Paediatric Emergencies” in October) and this “Practical Paediatrics Update” in June can benefit from an overall discount of up to £125!
Please contact us on 020 32360810 to book, quoting code ‘125PEM’, or book online applying the same discount code (125PEM) at the checkout.
Full course programme2018_06_practical_paediatrics_programme_web
About the Course:
- Provide the busy Paediatrician with a comprehensive and stimulating update covering a range of topics highly relevant to day-to-day practice
- Aimed at Paediatric Consultants and Middle Grades with a practical focus on both the speciality and related disciplines that impact on it
- Faculty comprising leading Paediatricians and other specialists who are actually doing the job and can supply the expert, up-to-date and evidence-based information
- Draws on the know-how of key specialists in Paediatric Cardiology, Metabolic Medicine, Respiratory Medicine, Neurology, Gastroenterology, Surgery, Nephrology, Allergy, Rheumatology, Autism, Endocrinology, Neonatology and Obesity
- Advice to Paediatricians on ordering the appropriate investigations, interpreting the results and getting the right diagnosis and treatment
- Mr Joe Curry, Consultant in Paediatric Surgery, GOSH, London
- Dr Trevor Richens, Consultant in Congenital Heart Disease, University Hospital Southampton
- Dr Alexandra Santos, Senior Clinical Lecturer & Hon Consultant in Paediatric Allergy, Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust, London
- Dr Simon Hannam, Head of Neonatal Services and Consultant Neonatologist, GOSH, London
- Dr Amaka Offiah, Consultant Paediatric Radiologist, University of Sheffield & Sheffield Children’s Hospital
- Dr Daniel Lumsden, Consultant Paediatric Neurologist, Evelina Children’s Hospital, London
- Dr Chinedu Nwokoro, Consultant Respiratory Paediatrician, Barts Health NHS Trust
- Prof Athimalaipet Ramanan, Consultant Paediatric Rheumatologist, Bristol Royal Hospital for Children
- Dr Fevronia Kiparissi, Consultant Paediatric Gastroenterologist, GOSH, and Hon Senior Lecturer, UCL, London
- Dr James Davison, Consultant in Paediatric Metabolic Medicine, GOSH, London
- Dr Stephen Marks, Consultant Paediatric Nephrologist, GOSH, London
- Dr Sandy Alatzoglou, Clinical Research Fellow in Paediatric Endocrinology, ICH, and Locum Consultant Paediatrician, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London
- Dr William Mandy, Clinical Psychologist, UCL and GOSH, London
- Dr Sally Old, MDU Services Limited
All of the lectures are structured so as the subject is fully expounded at a level suitable for the hands-on Paediatrician:
- The method – who to investigate and how
- The nuances – problems and solutions
- The Management Tips on treatment
- The critique – comments and interaction
Questions and answers session follows each lecture
Past delegates comments
- Excellent range of topics relevant to paediatricians.
- Experienced and knowledgeable lecturers – practical, to the point, well delivered.
- Excellent group of speakers – pitched at the right level.
- Course slides online – excellent!
- Excellent general coverage for general paediatricians – top tips.
- All speakers gave high quality and interesting presentations covered good range of subjects.
- Sharp and enthusiastic speakers, informal day, allowing full discussion.
- Excellent choice of topics, dynamic/enthusiastic speakers very knowledgeable in their fields, well organised!
- Speakers kept things in perspective and practical. Very useful.
- So many new things learned that I can apply straight away in my practice
- Inspiring for future practice and teaching