A practical update for Paediatricians on managing day-to-day common outpatient and ward clinical dilemmas and issues on Thursday 8 and Friday 9 June 2017, at the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, 5-11 Theobalds Road, London WC1X 8SH[maxbutton name=”Practical Paediatrics Update – June 2017″] [maxbutton name=”Map to the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, 5-11 Theobalds Road, London WC1X 8SH”]
RCPCH has approved this activity for CPD in accordance with the current RCPCH CPD Guidelines.
Early bird rate (booking and paying before Fri 24 Mar 17)
£495 (inc. 20% VAT) – Both days
£280 (inc. 20% VAT) – Daily rate
Standard rate (booking and paying after Fri 24 Mar 17)
£525 (inc. 20% VAT) – Both days
£320 (inc. 20% VAT) – Daily rate
Full course programme2017_06_practical_paediatrics_programme_web
About the Course:
- Provide the busy Paediatrician with a comprehensive and stimulating update covering a range of topics highly relevant to day-to-day practice
- Aimed at Paediatric Consultants and Middle Grades with a practical focus on both the speciality and related disciplines that impact on it
- Faculty comprising leading Paediatricians and other specialists who are actually doing the job and can supply the expert, up-to-date and evidence-based information
- Draws on the know-how of key specialists in Paediatric Cardiology, Metabolic Medicine, Respiratory Medicine, Neurology, Gastroenterology, Surgery, Nephrology, Allergy, Rheumatology, Autism, Endocrinology, Neonatology and Obesity
- Advice to Paediatricians on ordering the appropriate investigations, interpreting the results and getting the right diagnosis and treatment
- Mr Joe Curry, Consultant in Paediatric Surgery, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, London
- Dr Scott Hackett, Consultant in Paediatric Infectious Diseases, Birmingham Heartlands Hospital
- Dr Alexandra Santos, Senior Clinical Lecturer & Hon Consultant in Paediatric Allergy, Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust
- Dr Daniel Lumsden, Consultant Paediatric Neurologist, Evelina Children’s Hospital, London
- Dr Caren Landes, Consultant Paediatric Radiologist, Alder Hey Children’s Hospital, Liverpool
- Dr Chinedu Nwokoro, Consultant Respiratory Paediatrician, Barts Health NHS Trust
- Prof Athimalaipet Ramanan, Consultant Paediatric Rheumatologist, Bristol Royal Hospital for Children
- Dr Fevronia Kiparissi, Consultant Paediatric Gastroenterologist, GOSH, and Hon Senior Lecturer, UCL, London
- Dr Stephen Marks, Consultant Paediatric Nephrologist, GOSH, London
- Dr Sandy Alatzoglou, Clinical Research Fellow in Paediatric Endocrinology, ICH, and Locum Consultant Paediatrician, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London
- Dr William Mandy, Clinical Psychologist, UCL and GOSH, London
- Dr Sally Old, MDU Services Limited
All of the lectures are structured so as the subject is fully expounded at a level suitable for the hands-on Paediatrician:
- The method – who to investigate and how
- The nuances – problems and solutions
- The Management Tips on treatment
- The critique – comments and interaction
Questions and answers session follows each lecture
Past delegates comments
- Excellent range of topics relevant to paediatricians.
- Experienced and knowledgeable lecturers – practical, to the point, well delivered
- Excellent group of speakers – pitched at the right level.
- Course slides online – excellent!
- Excellent general coverage for general paediatricians – top tips.
- All speakers gave high quality and interesting presentations covered good range of subjects.
- Sharp and enthusiastic speakers, informal day, allowing full discussion.
- Excellent choice of topics, dynamic/enthusiastic speakers very knowledgeable in their fields, well organised!
- Speakers kept things in perspective and practical. Very useful.
- So many new things learned that I can apply straight away in my practice!
- Inspiring for future practice and teaching.