A practical update for Paediatricians on managing day-to-day common outpatient and ward clinical dilemmas and issues on Thursday 8 and Friday 9 June 2017, at the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, 5-11 Theobalds Road, London WC1X 8SHBook Online now Map to Venue
RCPCH has approved this activity for CPD in accordance with the current RCPCH CPD Guidelines.
Early bird rate (booking and paying before Fri 24 Mar 17)
£495 (inc. 20% VAT) – Both days
£280 (inc. 20% VAT) – Daily rate
Standard rate (booking and paying after Fri 24 Mar 17)
£525 (inc. 20% VAT) – Both days
£320 (inc. 20% VAT) – Daily rate
Full course programme2017_06_practical_paediatrics_programme_web
About the Course:
- Provide the busy Paediatrician with a comprehensive and stimulating update covering a range of topics highly relevant to day-to-day practice
- Aimed at Paediatric Consultants and Middle Grades with a practical focus on both the speciality and related disciplines that impact on it
- Faculty comprising leading Paediatricians and other specialists who are actually doing the job and can supply the expert, up-to-date and evidence-based information
- Draws on the know-how of key specialists in Paediatric Cardiology, Metabolic Medicine, Respiratory Medicine, Neurology, Gastroenterology, Surgery, Nephrology, Allergy, Rheumatology, Autism, Endocrinology, Neonatology and Obesity
- Advice to Paediatricians on ordering the appropriate investigations, interpreting the results and getting the right diagnosis and treatment
- Mr Joe Curry, Consultant in Paediatric Surgery, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, London
- Dr Scott Hackett, Consultant in Paediatric Infectious Diseases, Birmingham Heartlands Hospital
- Dr Alexandra Santos, Senior Clinical Lecturer & Hon Consultant in Paediatric Allergy, Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust
- Dr Daniel Lumsden, Consultant Paediatric Neurologist, Evelina Children’s Hospital, London
- Dr Caren Landes, Consultant Paediatric Radiologist, Alder Hey Children’s Hospital, Liverpool
- Dr Chinedu Nwokoro, Consultant Respiratory Paediatrician, Barts Health NHS Trust
- Prof Athimalaipet Ramanan, Consultant Paediatric Rheumatologist, Bristol Royal Hospital for Children
- Dr Fevronia Kiparissi, Consultant Paediatric Gastroenterologist, GOSH, and Hon Senior Lecturer, UCL, London
- Dr Stephen Marks, Consultant Paediatric Nephrologist, GOSH, London
- Dr Sandy Alatzoglou, Clinical Research Fellow in Paediatric Endocrinology, ICH, and Locum Consultant Paediatrician, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London
- Dr William Mandy, Clinical Psychologist, UCL and GOSH, London
- Dr Sally Old, MDU Services Limited
All of the lectures are structured so as the subject is fully expounded at a level suitable for the hands-on Paediatrician:
- The method – who to investigate and how
- The nuances – problems and solutions
- The Management Tips on treatment
- The critique – comments and interaction
Questions and answers session follows each lecture
Past delegates comments
- Excellent range of topics relevant to paediatricians.
- Experienced and knowledgeable lecturers – practical, to the point, well delivered
- Excellent group of speakers – pitched at the right level.
- Course slides online – excellent!
- Excellent general coverage for general paediatricians – top tips.
- All speakers gave high quality and interesting presentations covered good range of subjects.
- Sharp and enthusiastic speakers, informal day, allowing full discussion.
- Excellent choice of topics, dynamic/enthusiastic speakers very knowledgeable in their fields, well organised!
- Speakers kept things in perspective and practical. Very useful.
- So many new things learned that I can apply straight away in my practice!
- Inspiring for future practice and teaching.