A two-day case-based interactive workshop
This in-depth, practical and intensive workshop will cover most aspects of image interpretation that neurologists, radiologists and other clinicians will find useful in routine clinical practice. Course organised by Infomed Research and Training on Wednesday 26 and Thursday 27 June 2019, at the Park Plaza County Hall Hotel, 1 Addington Street, London SE1 7RY
£575 (inc. VAT)
Private sector rate:
£695 (inc. VAT)
Course fee includes lunch and refreshments, and attendance CPD certificate.
This course provides 12 CPD credits in accordance with the CPD Scheme of the Royal College of Radiologists
Full course programme
About the course
This is a case-based neuro-radiology course with emphasis on clinical diagnosis and disease/pathology recognition, reporting style and content; concentrating on common pathology and further rare and eponymous cases that the clinician and radiologist might not see frequently but need to recognise on presentation. Key cases from years of neuroradiology experience in two days.
To ensure that delegates are able to:
- Identify the difference between CT and MRI scans of the brain and spine and their most appropriate use; identify important anatomic structures of the brain and spine; and identify and understand the use and value of basic MR sequences.
- Identify basic patterns of disease on imaging so that delegates would feel comfortable when discussing the imaging findings of their patient using appropriate terminology.
- Identify imaging characteristics of lesions to allow for narrowing of the differential diagnosis; and discuss the differential diagnosis. Very importantly, cases will focus on routine pathologies most relevant to day to day practice.
- understand the significance and appropriate use of imaging in helping to make the diagnosis.
- Consultant neurologists and senior neurology trainees
- General radiologists and DGH radiologists who require further proficiency in neuroradiology;
- Neuroradiology and general radiology trainees
By the end of the course, the attendee will:
- become more confident in their daily interpretation of neuroradiology imaging;
- have a more comprehensive understanding of brain and spine pathology and the relevant imaging findings;
- have a more in-depth understanding of appropriate use of imaging in differing pathologies and different diagnoses;
- have learned tips and tricks that would allow them to avoid common misses and pick up on subtle abnormalities, particularly in relation to topics that are often inconsistently reported.
- Faculty of UK based Consultant Neuroradiologists who are experts in their fields and from different hospitals in the UK; they will concentrate on case-based learning without didactic lecturing
- Interactive case-based approach on iMac workstations to maximise learning, providing around 100 cases for you to interpret, and giving you immediate feedback following each case
- Excellent peer interaction and collaborative learning with 2 delegates per iMac workstation and a strict limit on the number of delegates