The unique practical course with Lectures and Discussion Forums
organised by Infomed Research and Training on Monday 3 and Tuesday 4 February 2020, at the Park Plaza County Hall Hotel, 1 Addington Street, London SE1 7RY
Topics - Day one
Topics - Day two
About the discussion forums
Each Forum involves detailed, practical discussion of grey cases in Child and Adolescent Psychiatric practice, in the clinic or on the wards, relating to the topics addressed by the preceding lectures.
- Aimed at Consultants, Registrars and Staff Grades working in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
- Lectures by leading Consultants with Discussion Forums for detailed and practical discussion of grey cases.
12x (6 per day) CPD Points
Certificates will be issued
Full course programme
Course fee includes lunch and refreshments, and attendance CPD certificate.
Early bird rates
(if booking and paying on or
before Mon 30 Sept 2019)
£450 (inc VAT) for the two days
(if booking and paying
after Mon 30 Sept 2019)
£495 (inc VAT) for the two days;
About the course
Target Audience. The course is for Consultants, SASGs and senior STs working in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. The programme is pitched at a level suitable for the Consultant
The course aims at providing delegate with an up to date practical overview on the management of difficult medical disorders relevant to the day-to-day practice of C&A Psychiatrists. Comprehensive but clinically focussed and evidence-based covering a full range of topics.
Discussion Forums for detailed and practical discussion of grey cases in Psychiatric practice, in the clinic or on the wards, involving the medical specialities addressed in the lectures earlier in the day. Feel free to email, email@example.com, your own anonymised grey cases so you can benefit from a discussion in the Discussion Forums
An excellent Faculty of leading consultants with a proven track record in the dissemination of medical know-how to front-line Psychiatrists/
Numbers are strictly limited in order to maximise interaction in the workshops.
Reading EGGs. The course provides a lecture and discussion forum on how to read ECGs with a focus on ECG abnormalities that are highly relevant to the practice of the Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist.
This is NOT about how to take an ECGs, but about interpreting them.
Faculty members include
Dr Lee Hudson, Consultant Paediatrician, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, London
Dr Margaret Kaminska, Consultant in Paediatric Neurology and Neurodisability, Evelina Children’s Hospital, London
Dr Kevin Roman, Consultant Paediatric Cardiologist, Southampton General Hospital
Dr Sandy Alatzoglou, Consultant Paediatrician, Chelsea & Westminster Hospital, London
Dr Jon Goldin, Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, London
Dr Janet Barter, Consultant in Sexual and Reproductive Health, Barts Health NHS Trust
Dr Oliver Lord, Medico Legal Advisor, MDU Services Limited
What this year’s delegates have said!
- Far reaching informal discussions with well-chosen grey cases
- One of the best training courses I’ve been to so far!
- Excellent, knowledgeable and entertaining speakers,
- Relaxed atmosphere, excellent organisation and support
- Very much tailored to the needs of child psychiatrist
- Good selection of topics and good size of group
- Thought provoking interactive lectures and discussion forums
- Pertinent, relevant content and sufficient time for discussion
- High quality presentations and very well pitched
- Good speakers and lectures at a good pace
- Very informative – great opportunity to refresh my knowledge and to learn new information
- I’ve made a list of take-home messages to share with my colleagues/agree necessary actions
- It sharpens my clinical eye and gave me confidence
- Better knowledge and confidence in recognising possible physical disorders