Course organised by Infomed Research and Training, on Friday 15 March 2019, at the Park Plaza County Hall Hotel, 1 Addington Street, London SE1 7RY[maxbutton name=”8th Annual London Paediatric Mental Health Update for the Consultant Paediatrician – March 2019″] [maxbutton name=”Map to Park Plaza County Hall, 1 Addington Street, London SE1 7RY”]
Professor Peter Hill, Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist
NHS: £325 (inc. VAT)
RCPCH has approved this activity for CPD in accordance with the current RCPCH CPD Guidelines
Consultant Paediatricians (General and Community), Associate Specialists and other senior Paediatricians
Full course programme2019_03_paediatric_mental_health_programme_web
About the course
Mental health is an area of increasing concern, with problems – both recognised and unrecognised – affecting patients seen in community, general and specialist paediatric clinics.
This course has been reviewed and features two new lectures – on autism and attachment disorders – and a discussion session on legal issues.
To provide Consultant Paediatricians (General and Community), Associate Specialists and other senior Paediatricians, with an up to date overview on mental health conditions that present to and may be managed by the Consultant Paediatrician, including practical advice on how to recognise them and manage children and adolescents who present to Paediatric services.
- practical (clinical focus, evidence-based, relevant to the day-to-day practice of the Paediatrician);
- stimulating (interactive, challenging, immediate feedback); and
- comprehensive (covering a full range of paediatric mental health topics).
By the end of the course, the attendee will have:
- a comprehensive understanding of mental health conditions that present to and may be managed by the Consultant Paediatrician;
- greater confidence in his/her advanced practice; and
- identified skills and knowledge gaps, if any, relevant to his/her practice, and clear ways by which these can be addressed.