Course organised by Infomed Research and Training, on Friday 9 March 2018, at ULL, 33 Finsbury Square, London EC2A 1AG
Not at the
RCPCH , 5-11 Theobalds Road, London WC1X 8SH as originally advertised
Early bird rates
(if booking and paying on or before Fri 15 Sep 2017)
£275 (inc VAT)
(if booking and paying after Fri 15 Sep 2017)
£325 (inc VAT)
RCPCH has approved this activity for CPD in accordance with the current RCPCH CPD Guidelines.
Consultant Paediatricians (General and Community), Associate Specialists and other senior Paediatricians
Full course programme2018_03_paediatric_mental_health_programme_web
About this unique course:
Mental health problems – both recognised and unrecognised – affect many of the patients seen in community, general and specialist paediatric clinics.
This course presents Consultant Paediatricians (General and Community), Associate Specialists and other senior Paediatricians, with an up to date overview on mental health conditions, including practical advice on how to recognise them and manage children and adolescents who present to Paediatric services.
The Course focus:
- Update on mental health conditions that present to and may be managed by the Consultant Paediatrician
- Keeping within your competencies: psychiatric illness, acute mental health presentations and referrals
- Recognition, assessment and initial management
- Update on psychiatric and psychological issues associated with long-term medical conditions managed by the Consultant Paediatrician
- Update on side effects of some medications
- Clarity about the role of the Paediatrician
- Update on the relevant NICE guidelines