An intensive, practical, case-based course for Consultant Radiologists organised by Infomed Research and Training on Wednesday 13 and Thursday 14 March 2019, at the Holiday Inn London – Bloomsbury, Coram Street, London, WC1N 1HT
Not at the
ULL, 33 Finsbury Square, London EC2A 1AG as originally advertised
Fully booked! Please complete this form to be notified of the next available Abdo & Pelvic MRI Course.
[maxbutton name=”Holiday Inn London – Bloomsbury”]
Dr Elizabeth Dick, MRCP, FRCR, MD, is a Consultant Radiologist and Honorary Senior Lecturer at Imperial College NHS Trust with expertise in Body MRI, Emergency, Trauma and MSK Radiology, subjects upon which she has published and lectured nationally and internationally. She completed a two year Fellowship in Body MRI, during which time she earned her doctoral degree. She has published several books and a CD Rom for training Radiologists, and taught on numerous UK postgraduate courses to medical and paramedical specialists. She is the President of the British Society of Emergency Radiology and President Elect of the European Society of Emergency Radiology.
Dr Nishat Bharwani is a Consultant Radiologist at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust and Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer at Imperial College London. She qualified with honours from Guy’s, King’s & St Thomas’ Medical School in 2000 and undertook basic medical training in London and Brighton, obtaining membership of the Royal College of Physicians in 2003. She completed general Radiology training at St George’s Hospital (2003-2008) and a fellowship in body MRI at Barts and The London NHS Trust (2008-2010), becoming a Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists in 2008.
Consultants and SASGs: £575 (inc. VAT)
Doctors in Training: £445 (inc. VAT) Private sector: £695 (inc. VAT)
Course fee includes web access to lecture slides (pdf) when submitted by the faculty, course booklet, lunch and refreshments and attendance certificate.
This course provides 11 CPD credits in accordance with the CPD Scheme of the Royal College of Radiologists [5.5 CPD credits per day].
To provide Consultant Radiologists with a practical, stimulating and comprehensive update on advanced interpretation and reporting practice in abdominal pelvic MRI:
- practical (workstation based learning);
- stimulating (interactive, challenging cases, immediate feedback); and
- comprehensive (covering a full range of abdominal and pelvic imaging topics).
Full course programme2019_03_abdo_pelvic_mri_course_programme_web
The course is pitched at a level suitable for consultants and senior STs in radiology involved in interpreting and reporting abdominal and pelvic MRI in their clinical practice.
By the end of the course, the attendee will have:
- a comprehensive understanding of best practice in advanced abdominal pelvic MRI interpretation and reporting;
- improved body MRI interpretation and reporting skills;
- greater confidence in his/her advanced practice; and
- identified skills and knowledge gaps, if any, relevant to his/her practice, and clear ways by which these can be addressed.
- Faculty of practicing consultant radiologists, experts in their fields, with extensive experience in advancing the abdominal and pelvic MRI skills of peers nationally and internationally.
- No didactic lectures – practical course, just workstation based cases and teaching pearls.
- Comprehensive – covering a full range of abdominal and pelvic imaging topics.
- True peer interaction/learning – 2 attendees per iMac workstation and a limited number of delegates
- Stimulating, interactive, challenging cases, and very importantly, immediate feedback with around 100 cases to interpret and report
Each session consists of:
- A brief introduction by the session lead.
- A few minutes for candidates to go through the cases, using their workbook.
- Session lead goes through each case with the whole group on the big screen.
- Top tips
- Staging (for cancers)
- Take home messages