A day of supervised scanning practice for Acute, Emergency Physicians and Intensivists. Scanning Practice (no lectures) in all L1 (Core) competence areas: FAST, AAA, Vascular Access and ECHO
on Wednesday 29 November 2017, at the Infomed Training Suite, Northside House, 69 Tweedy Road, Bromley BR1 3WA
Book Online now Map to Venue
£275 (inc. VAT)
Full course programme2017_11_level_1_emergency_us_practice_course_programme_web
Are you a doctor who is seeking further opportunities for
- supervised ultrasound scanning in each of the Core (Level 1) competence areas (FAST, AAA, Vascular Access and ECHO in Life Support) on models, patients and phantoms, or
- boosting your logged experience by getting a number of signed scans, or
- polishing up your Core (Level 1) competencies, or
- preparing for the EM US Core (Level 1) Finishing School?
- supervised practice, practice and practice!!
If so, then this is the day for you!
What you get is scanning practice
The opportunity to perform AAA scans, FAST scans,ECHO scans and Vascular Access scans on models, patients and phantoms, which can serve as preparation for assessment or simply form part of you logged experience. Just four trainees per supervisor: continuous personalised feedback in line with RCEM competences and assessment criteria, plus opportunities to learn from others’ mistakes! The Practice Day is based on the Practice Sessions of the highly successful EM US Core (Level 1) Finishing School.
Basic knowledge of Ultrasound and knobology is assumed; preferably, you will have attended an introductory emergency ultrasound course covering basic theory and practice.
Please note: it is generally recommended that no more than three months should elapse without the trainee using her/his ultrasound scanning skills; otherwise the trainee should be re-assessed with a DOPS by a trainer.
What attendees have said about the day
- Being taught by different faculty at each station and [getting] your mistakes corrected on the spot – made the day very useful
- Lots of practice – small groups, so good individual feedback þ Lots of practice and excellent demonstrators þ Teachers were very helpful and approachable
- I learnt where I was going wrong – plenty of good pointers and tips. I vastly improved my [scanning] skills
- [The Course] did what it said on the tin –practice, practice, practice! Instructors all very good and patient!
- Great instructors, great models, great pace þ Insightful, informative, open and excellent hands-on experience
- Excellent – feedback always constructive, no pressure environment
- Enthusiastic, knowledgeable faculty; good cases, including normals; very good organisation
- Excellent faculty, friendly and helpful
- Lots of experts meant lots of top tips from different people
- A long day – but worth it Heartfelt thanks to the tutors and the organisers. I feel almost ready for my assessment