The practical course, featuring pre-course lectures online, live demos, ‘hands-on’ skills stations, and pathologies at iMac workstations. It is organised by Infomed Research & Training, on Thursday 23 and Friday 24 January 2020, at the Park Plaza County Hall Hotel, 1 Addington Street, London SE1 7RY
About the course
Course equipment and technical support is kindly provided by:
This course provides 12 CPD credits in accordance with the CPD Scheme of the Royal College of Radiologists
plus up to 3 CPD credits – online learning)
Full course programme
£525 inc VAT@20% for the two days
Course fee includes pre-course videos [available immediately upon registration] lunch, refreshments, and attendance CPD certificate.
Course fee includes web access to the latest Course data and presentations
submitted by the faculty, lunch and refreshments and attendance certificate.
Video library available upon registration
Pre-course learning materials
Lectures (videos and slides) are available online:
- allowing delegates to view lectures at their leisure before the course (and revision after the course); and
- allowing much more time for ‘hands-on’ learning and practice on the course days proper
Delegates are given password-protected access.
The online lectures
- Introduction to MSK US: Dr David Elias (22 mins).
- Shoulder Ultrasound: Dr Syed Babar (42 mins).
- Elbow US: Dr Chandani Thorning (33 minutes).
- Hand & Wrist US: Dr Lisa Meacock (30 mins).
- Ultrasound and Synovitis: Dr David Elias (23 mins).
- Hip Ultrasound: Dr Leonard King (28 mins).
- Knee Ultrasound: Dr Leonard King (23 mins).
- Foot and Ankle Ultrasound: Dr Keshthra Satchi (18 mins).
The online lectures are required viewing before the course:
- After booking, the participant will receive a link, username and password, allowing online access for up to six months after the course.
- After viewing, the participant can save and/or print an Online Learning Certificate (3 hours).
- On the course days proper, participants will have opportunities to ask questions during the Review sessions before each practical session
The Course is essentially an introduction to US imaging and techniques for assessing MSK injuries – a first step towards further MSK US training. The participants:
- Acquire a basic understanding of the physics, technology, instrumentation and techniques in MSK US
- Learn to recognise normal MSK anatomy under US
- Learn to identify sonographic image appearance commonly associated with key MSK pathologies
- Observe and practise ultrasound examination of each joint in different planes, covering shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand, hip, knee, and ankle and foot