A unique, practical Course with Lectures and Discussion Forums
organised by Infomed Research and Training on Wednesday 13 and Thursday 14 May 2020, at the Park Plaza County Hall Hotel, 1 Addington St, London SE1 7RY
This course is aimed at Consultants, senior STs and SASGs in Psychiatry. The course has been reviewed in the light of the evaluation and suggestions of attendees at previous Updates. Programme at a level suitable for the Consultant and senior STs.
12 CPD credits
Key for the revalidation process, provides 6 CPD points PER DAY and an attendance certificate
Full course programme
Course fee includes lunch and refreshments, and attendance CPD certificate.
Early bird rates
(if booking and paying on or before Sat 29 Feb 2020)
£450 (inc VAT) for the two days;
£295 (inc VAT) daily rate.
(if booking and paying after Sat 29 Feb 2020)
£525 (inc VAT) for the two days;
£345 (inc VAT) daily rate.
About the course
A practical focus on the management of difficult medical disorders relevant to Psychiatric practice – what you won’t find in the textbooks
Discussion Forums. Delegates split into groups and attend each two Forums in turn. Each Forum involves practical discussion of grey cases in Psychiatric practice, involving the topics addressed in the morning lectures – in depth analysis leading to what should the Psychiatrist do next?
Detailed and practical discussion of grey cases in Psychiatric practice, in the clinic or on the wards, involving the medical specialities addressed in the lectures earlier in the day. Feel free to email, email@example.com, your own anonymised grey cases so you can benefit from a discussion in the Discussion Forums
Numbers are strictly limited in order to maximise interaction in the workshops
Faculty members include
- Dr Giles Elrington, Consultant Neurologist
- Dr Alison Wren, Consultant Endocrinologist, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London
- Janet Barter, Consultant in Sexual and Reproductive Health, Barts Health NHS Trust
- Dr Ceri Davies, Consultant Cardiologist, Barts Health NHS Trust
- Dr Lucy Garvey, Consultant in HIV/GU Medicine, St Mary’s Hospital, London
- Dr Bo Kim Tang, Locum Consultant in Perinatal Psychiatry, CNWL Perinatal Mental Health, Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust
- Professor Kevin Moore, Professor of Hepatology, University College London and Royal Free Hospital, London
- Dr Idris Harding, Fellow in Cardiac Electrophysiology & Devices, King’s College Hospital, London
- Dr Jo Turner, Consultant Psychiatrist, South West London and St George’s Mental Health NHS Trust
- Dr Frankie Connell, Consultant HIV Liaison Psychiatrist
What this year’s delegates have said!
- Met my CPD objectives and improved my confidence around identifying/managing physical health issues
- Increased my awareness of significant issues for clinical practice
- Excellent discussion forums with charismatic lecturers
- Great Infomed support, very informative course and rightly paced
- I had been trying to find a course like this for ages – I came after positive colleagues’ feedback
- Very efficient time management, course well-structured and discussion groups well organised
- I will feel more confidence when screening and treating patients on an acute psychiatric patient ward
- I’m now much more informed on medical issues in psychiatry